Prenuptial Agreements in New Haven County
Protect Your Financial Future Before Your Marriage Begins
Celebrating an upcoming marriage is an exciting time in a couple's
life. However, our years of experience as family law attorneys have given
us invaluable wisdom to understand that preparing for worst-case scenarios
by creating a prenuptial agreement has several benefits that many couples
- Developing a prenuptial agreement with a future spouse is beneficial because it:
- Can reduce conflict during a divorce
- Forces honest and up-front conversations prior to marriage
- Allows a couple to determine asset division prior to a divorce
- Helps a couple to avoid potential misunderstandings about how assets will
- Gives each future spouse control over what is important to him or her
- Can protect any children from previous marriages or relationships in the
case of a divorce
Are you thinking about drafting an agreement?
Schedule an initial consultation with an attorney at Law Offices of William P. Burns Jr. LLC.
The Importance of Hiring a Family Law Attorney When Drafting Prenuptial
Having the help of an experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney
from our firm can make the prenuptial process quick, understandable, and
as stress-free as possible. We take as much time as is necessary to discuss
every aspect of a couple's finances, assets, wishes for their children,
and more in order to formulate an agreement that both spouses agree on.
Call Law Offices of William P. Burns Jr. LLC in New Haven County at 203.930.1600
While a prenuptial agreement may not be the best choice for everyone, if
you are getting married, we recommend that you meet with a New Haven County
family law attorney from our firm to consider how writing one could benefit
you. We have more than ten years of family law experience serving clients
Our attorneys can be reached by calling 203.930.1600 or
contacting us online.